The Food Stamp Program allows eligible households to obtain a more nutritious diet by increasing their purchasing power. The program is designed for all types of households including employed, elderly, and/or disabled adults.
Who is eligible?
You may be eligible to receive Food Stamps if you:
- work for low wages
- are unemployed or work part-time
- receive Temporary Cash Assistance or other public assistance payments
- are elderly or disabled and live on a small income
- are homeless
Food Stamps can buy
- Foods for human consumption
- Seeds and plants that produce foods for the household to eat
Food Stamps cannot buy
- Any nonfood item, such as pet foods, soaps, paper products and household supplies; grooming items, toothpaste and cosmetics.
- Alcoholic beverages and tobacco
- Vitamins and medicines
- Any food that will be eaten in the store
- Hot foods that are ready to eat
- Any food marketed to be heated in the store
The Electronic Benefit Transfer System (EBTS)
The Electronic Benefit Transfer System (EBTS) allows recipients to access their cash assistance and/or food stamp benefits through the use of an ATM card at designated ATM machines at banks and in grocery stores. On-site training is available each day for customers to access their accounts.
How do I apply?
You may apply for Food Stamps at our Office Monday through Friday 8:00 AM until 4:30 PM.