A Business/Child Care Liaison position was established in 1998. This position is designed to assist employers in dealing with childcare issues of their employees by serving as a link to information and resources and providing on site technical support. Services and information are provided free of charge.
Why is Child Care Important ?
Less than 1% of child care cost are funded by businesses, yet child care is a critical business issue impacting both employees and employers. Employee child care problems cost employers an estimated $3 billion each year, suggesting that if businesses invest in quality child care programs, they may actually be able to reduce their expenses! Quality child care today means quality employees tomorrow.
Your Workforce is Changing
Most families are no longer supported by a single-income father and stay-at home mother. In fact:
- Two income families now represent nearly 50% of all employees
- By the year 2000, an estimated 81% of mothers will be in the workforce
Good Child Care Policies and Programs Can:
Dependable child care means happier, more productive employees.
And that’s your bottom line.
- Reduce child care arrangement difficulties that disrupt your employees’ work
- Alleviate worry and stress that interfere with your employees’ productivity
- Decrease tardiness, saving your business money
- Improve employee morale and loyalty
- Put more money in employees’ pockets
- Raise your rate of employee retention
- Lessen your company’s recruitment burden
- Make is easier to attract quality employees
- Improve employees’ work focus
- Increases labor pool availability
Free Help for Frederick County Businesses:
Frederick County Department of Social Service now provides a resource for ideas and information on child care and family-friendly policies for businesses. Our Business Child Care Liaison can explain the many creative options your business has for helping your employees and their children. At no charge, we can help you with customized solutions that will meet your employees'specific needs
In just one hour, we can review the possibilities with your personnel officer and clarify how these options can benefit your company. Remember, this is a FREE service to Frederick County businesses. We’ll help you get the most out of your investment in Frederick County’s workforce.